When we’re overwhelmed and feeling stressed and anxious, a soothing cup of tea can be just the thing we need to re-balance. Not only can the ingredients of the tea be beneficial but the process of preparing it can also be welcoming in our frazzled state. Moving mindfully through the steps of heating water, choosing a vessel, infusing the herbs, and waiting while the steam rises as it delivers scents to our nostrils can itself bring focus and calm.
Valerian root has been used around the world as a gentle herbal sedative. Traditional Medicinals is a renowned and trusted maker of high quality herbal teas made from medicinal-grade plants. Traditional Medicinals’ Nighty Night Extra® with valerian is packed with more of the good things trusted to promote relaxation and, if you’re most people, sleep. But we’re not most people, are we?
If you’ve not yet tried it, valerian root has a *very* strong herbal aroma and flavor. Personally, I find it as pleasant as our cats do (yes, cats lose their minds over valerian root — a drop or two on a favorite cat toy sends them to their happy place). But it if you’re generally not used to a broad variety of flavors, it can take some getting used to. Formulated with passionflower, lemon balm, and peppermint, this blend is described as “earthy, minty and satisfyingly herbal.” It’s a tiny bit sweet from the licorice root but you can always add a touch of honey, maple, agave, or other sweetener if you prefer.
Two or three warm mugs of Nighty Night Extra® can (and should!) be a soothing and reliable part of your daily anxiety-reduction self-care routine. Valerian root is also available in liquid and pill forms.
Good to know:
- Ingredients: organic valerian root, organic passionflower herb, organic lemon balm leaf, organic peppermint leaf, organic caraway fruit, and organic licorice root.
- Each box contains 16 tea bags.
- Caffeine Free.
- All Ingredients are Certified Organic and non-GMO verified.
- Sourced from ethical trading partnerships.
- Statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.